For payment of fees/dues : 8.30 am – 2:30 pm (on working days)
To meet Principal/Headmistress : 11.00 am – 12.00 noon (on prior appointment) on working days
To meet Teachers – Preprimary Section : 11.55 am – 12:30 pm (on Saturday and after School hours only)
Grade I and above : On the days assign for Parent Teacher meeting/or prior appointment only.
The School diary is for recording assignments, leave requests and messages.
The parents should look for daily messages and assignments, and ensure that the student act as per the message.
The diary should be carried to school everyday and maintained neatly. Parents can meet the grade teacher and subject teachers of the student on specific days, as per the communication sent by the school.
School Working hours: 8.45 am to 3.35 pm
Student should be punctual to School.
Student should come to school in neat and complete uniform.
Rules of Admission & Withdrawal
1. The school admits boys and girls, to availability of seats.
2. While applying for admission, the following documents should be furnished.
* Original Transfer CertificateFor Grade II to X duly countersigned by the competent authorities.
* Character and conduct certificate.
*Original birth certificate for Kindergarten, Prep-I and Grade-I.
*Photocopy of the progress report/marks sheet of the previous grade.
3. Pupils coming from schools affiliated to other boards will have to sit for an entrance test.
4. All new admissions to Pre Primary section will be made at the beginning of the session.
5. Date of birth of the Child in BIPS, once recorded by the parent at the time of admission will not be altered under any circumstances.
6. All applications for withdrawal should be made to the Principal, through the school office, after clearing all dues to the school.
7. Pupils detained twice in the same Grade shall not be entertained for the third year. Such pupils should be withdrawn compulsorily.
8. The Transfer Certificate can be collected from the office of the Principal after 15 working days from the date of application.
General Rules of the School :
1. Pupils must be punctual. They should come to school at least five minutes before the school starts. Those who come late, must bring the Late Attendance Record (in the school diary)
2. School uniform is compulsory and pupils shall come to school wearing the prescribed uniform. They shall come clean and tidy, with a trim hair-do.
3. While going to the Assembly, P.T. Classes or when changing Classrooms, they should keep to the left, and go silently in a single line, without disturbing the neighbouring classes.
4. Pupils are not allowed to meet parents or visitors or to leave the school premises during school hours without the permission of the Principal.
5. Pupils should bring to class all necessary text books and note books according to the time table. Non approved books or magazines should not be brought to the school.
6. No pupil shall be absent himself/herself without leave previously approved except in case of unforeseen circumstances, applications for leave must be submitted on the following day.
7. When long leave / leave during tests and examinations / becomes necessary due to unavoidable circumstances, permission form the principal has to be sought and obtained in advance.
8. Pupils must take part in school games and other activities unless declared physically unfit or exempted by the Principal.
9. Attendance at official school functions on Republic Day, Independence Day etc., is compulsory.
10. Pupils are expected to keep the school premises clean. They are forbidden to write or scribble on walls, throw paper or ink about the classroom or in any way to damage the school properties. Any such act will entail Punishment and recovery of cost.
11. Pupil are themselves responsible for their books, money, cycles, tiffin carriers and other articles. It is not advisable for pupils to have money or valuable articles with them.
12. Cycles must be parked in an orderly way and kept locked. Pupils shall not ride around on cycles in the school premises or park them at the entrance of the school.
13. Pupils are strictly forbidden to introduce any sort of objectionable literature into school or sell or purchase any article / food among themselves or from unauthorised dealers near the school.
14. Pupils should not give the school address for correspondence. Correspondence addressed to the school address, is subject to inspection.
15. Pupils suffering from infectious / contagious diseases will not be allowed to attend school. Only on production of a fitness certificate from a medical officer, will be allowed to return to school.
16. Regular attendance, alertness in mind and body, prompt completion of homework, obedience and respect towards teachers and other members of staff, gentle and polite behaviour are expected of every pupil. They are responsible to the school authorities for their conduct both inside and outside the school.
17. Speaking in English is a must when in school.
18. Any pupil caught cheating during an examination will get a zero mark for the subject and will be debarred from subsequent examinations (s).
19. All instructions issued from time to time should be carefully complied with.
20. Pupils are expected to keep the school premises clean and should not destroy the school plants.
21. Pupils must bing the school diary to school everyday and note down home assignments and important instructions given by the teachers. Teachers will make use of the school diary to communicate with parents.
22. Private tuitions by the teachers of BIPS is greatly discouraged. However, remedial classes will be organized at no extra cost for the identified slow learners.
All precautions are taken to protect the children from accidents when they are in the school or while playing. However, in the event of any mishap immediate first aid will be administered and the pupil involved will be sent to Hospital for treatment if necessary. Hospital bills if any should be paid by the Parent or Guardian.
Medical Inspection :
A compulsory medical inspection of all pupils will be made once a year by qualified medical officer.
School Uniform :
Uniform is available in the school for all classes.
Pre Primary : Monday to Thursday – Regular Uniform. Friday House colour uniform.
Grade I to X : Monday to Thursday – Regular Uniform. Friday House colour uniform.
School Blazers are compulsory for Grade VII to X on Monday to Thursday.
Students can wear any decent dress on their birthday.
Rules for Payment of Fees :
Tuition fees should be paid Quarterly in June, September, December and March. Before 10th of these months. If 10th happens to be a holiday, fees should be paid on the following working day.
After the 10th of the month. a Penalty of Rs. 10/- per day for a period of 10 days, after the last date of payment of fees, will be recovered. After the said period, the name of the pupil will be struck off. The name of the pupil will be restored after payment of late fine on Tuition fees with Readmission fee.
Transportation Charges :
Transport charges payable by the students commuting by school van should be paid half yearly in months of June and December by the 10th of these months. If not paid, the transport facility will be forfeited. Once the van facilities is enrolled, it should continue till the end of the academic year.
Schedule for fee payment :
I Quarterly Fee : To be paid by 10th of May
II Quarterly Fee : To be paid by 10th of August
III Quarterly Fee : To be paid by 10th of November
IV Quarterly Fee : To be paid by 10th of February
Tests and Examinations :
The school conducts two Unit tests, Mid Term Exam and Annual Examination at regular intervals.
Pupils are advised not to remain absent for any tests, Mid Term Exam and Annual Examination. In case of absence, no re-examination will be conducted.
Promotion from one grade to another will be made strictly as per the promotional rules. The names of the pupil who fail in the same grade for two consecutive year will be removed from the rolls.
Extra curricular activities :
The School gives equal importance for Extra-curricular activities. To encourage the innate talents of the children, the school conducts Drawing, Story telling, Fancy Dress, Handwriting, Sports, Art & Craft, Mental Maths, Memory Test, Recitation, Elocution, Extempore, Dictation & Singing competitions for all the children at different levels.
The Children are exposed to various S.U.P.W. (Socially Useful Productive work). Activities, Inter-school competitions, picnics, competitive examinations, projects and exhibitions.
Qualified, trained and experienced staff have been appointed to teach and mould the children.
The motto of the School is to stimulate each child’s intellectual, Physical & Mental Development in a sound environment.
Guidelines for Parents :
1. Parents are expected to co-operate with the working of the school by encouraging discipline in the students and taking active interest in the student’s progress. They should check the diary regularly to note the teacher’s remarks etc.
2. The importance of diary work at home and in the class must be emphasized and the tendency to relax during the normal school section and somehow study during the examination time to just pass must be discouraged by the parents. The student’s progress in daily work will be assessed by monthly tests.
3. Irregular attendance, habitual idleness, disobedience and conduct injurious to be moral tone of the school are sufficient reasons for dismissal.
4. Application for leave during the last few days of a term will not be entertained and students who do not attend Classes during these days will not be treated as absentees, even if there is a leave application from their parents. If however the students cannot attend classes owing to illness, medical certificate must be submitted. No test or examination will be repeated for any student for any reason.
5. Pupils who have been absent from class must have the reasons entered in the regularity record, stating briefly the cause of their absence of delay. (Reasons of a private nature may be submitted in a letter). Attendance must be for a full school day.
6. Re-joining the school late after vacation is not permitted. Absentism during terms is not allowed.
7. Parents or guardians are not allowed to take their children or meet teachers during school hours, without the permission of the Principal.
8. Parents should not enter the classroom.
9. No students can leave the school without permission of the Principal.
10. All damages to school property will be rectified at the cost of the offender.
11. Parent should not allow the students to wear any jewellery except (if desired) a watch and a pair of small, plain gold earrings without stones or colours. nail varnish is not to be worn in the school.
12. Girls with long hair should have them neatly plaited with black ribbon or normal days and white ribbon or PT days.