Our libraries are the envy of all. They are extensive, exhaustive and boasts of the latest titles to suit reference needs. Each of these have more than ten thousand books. In addition, all the leading journals and newspapers are available to bring them up-to-date with the latest information and trends. A large, well-planned reading room helps them jot down necessary reference details.
We aim to promote the enjoyment of reading, and to provide curriculum support. It is equipped with a computerized database enabling the students to have access to the necessary books quickly. Students are encouraged to cultivate good reading habits and use the library as an important centre for learning.
No educational institution is complete without a good, well stocked library, nor can education be complete without inculcating healthy reading habits. The school has a well stocked, spacious, well lit and ventilated library which houses books on varied subjects. We understand that children have their individual preferences when it comes to reading. Titles range from Reference to subject related. From Philosophy to Religion, Arts and Recreation to English literature and Fiction, from Biographies to Adventure, Hindi literature and fiction. The library also subscribes to over two dozen magazine and journals. The library remains open on working days till early evening.
The library has its independent computer section and will shortly go in for computer automation. The library contains extensive collection of books, journals, audio-video CDs and DVDs, latest periodicals and journals.
Library Rules :
1. All pupils of the school are members of the Library.
2. Strict discipline and silence is to be observed in the Library and reading room.
3. Students of Grade VI to X can borrow one book at a time.
4. Library books can be issued and returned during library period of the grade only and not in any teaching period
. 5. Library books should be properly looked after and deposited on the due date.
6. Marking, underlining, cutting and erasing or dog – airing pages of the books are strictly prohibited and liable to be punished if any such damage to library books is detected by the Librarian.
7. The Librarian may recall a book, at any time in any case of urgency.
8. Library Books are to be deposited at least one week before leaving the station or any break, and one month before any vacation.
9. No Dues certificate for each pupil is to be obtained from the Librarian while withdrawing any student from the school.